Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Triplex



When I see a great lamp like this Triplex built in 1919 reinvented into this modern home it reminds me of what makes something great design.  Great design for me is all about function, simplicity and beauty.  The triplex lamp is classic, reinvented and Two engineers, one in Enköping, Sweden, the other in Helsingborg, same country, shared the love for a lamp. A lamp with multipurpose use from its rigid design and adjustment possibilities rarely seen. The lamp was made with love for the art of engineering.  One of them an inventor, a famous and  successful man. The history of the second man is yet to be written. 90 years has gone by since the Triplex Lamp first spread its light, today it's reborn.  This lamp in particular caught my eye and made my heart swoon when I saw it placed in this beautiful home.   


I also came across some other lights in this house that are just so interesting... enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. I am still looking for a lamp for my living room and I saw something like this, but the exit of the cables are on the ceiling... I need a suspended lamp... I really like the others too.

    ReplyDelete